Jo at Jo's Boys has given me this award... gulp! Thanks Jo! I'm sure I'm hopeless at these things, but I'll give it a go! I have to share 10 honest things about myself, then pass the award on to 10 other bloggers - this could be hard, as I'm not entirely sure who actually reads my blog! I started it to keep up with family and friends... so if you'd like a stab at this award on your blog, then just go for it!
1. I have absolutely no fashion sense! I like my own style - and my daughter despairs of me! I have only about 2 or 3 'outfits'. I love really long skirts, and would easily find my place in a period drama!
2. My first (and hopefully only!) car accident happened right opposite to a Police Officer .
3. I have many regrets about how I lived in the 'past'... I'm not proud of many of my decisions, or of the person I was. I often get caught up in this, and forget the amazing Grace of the Lord.
4. Being content doesn't come naturally to me... I have to work hard at it, continually turning my eyes to the Lord for help.
5. I dislike going out in the car a lot. I enjoy solitude. I'm hopeless in large groups of people.
6. I worry too much: about what others think of me and my life; of whether the decisions I make are the right ones; about whether I can possibly be a good Mum; that I compromise too much and don't share the Lord enough... I'm slow to realise that it is only God's approval that matters.
7. I love simple things... like daisies and sparrows; a good view of the country on a fine day; the wind in my hair, sun on my hands, rain on my nose, snow underfoot; grass; earthenware and wool.
8. I often wish I had a specific talent or skill.
9. I always try to do way more than it is possible to reasonably accomplish in a day, and thus I often have many started projects and few finished ones. I feel I must always be doing something, and don't know how to relax properly.
10. I like to smile :o)
I would like to pass the Honest Scrap Award on to:
Erin at An American Family in England

2 comments:
I loved this post! (Until the last bit ;-)) Thank you for "putting yourself out there" and being honest. That is a tough challenge. Let's see if I'm up for it!
LOL at not being able to relax. This is sooooooooo me. Can't even read fiction 'cos I don't see the point. It has to be something mind/life enhancing. Same with tellie. Just can't watch any old thing. Has to have a purpose. I am soooooooooo anal. Thanks for joining in.
Jo x
Post a Comment