Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Huge Catch-up! Part 1

This is the week before we went away...


Dad turned 65 the week before Bubble's birthday... we celebrated with a lovely meal at their house with them, us and my brother, sister-in-law and T. I completely forgot to take photos... but Spike got this lovely one! So, Dad, you can retire officially now!

Before we went away, Spike was expecting something in the post... I can't even remember what it was now... but he took up this position in the kitchen, watching impatiently out the window for the post lady every day until 'it' came! My lovely kids just have NO patience at all!

Sadly, the tomatoes have been struck by blight :o( O well! I'm not sure I'll grow them next year... these I picked off the stem, to try and ripen indoors and see if they will escape the blight.


A lovely trip to Dudmaston Estate... we went to see the exhibition of old inventions... the exhibition wasn't half as big as I thought it would be, but fascinating nonetheless... Bubble's entered a competition to create her own invention... she decided that a sort of 'window wiper' for your glasses would be very helpful! She spent a while drawing and describing it... then we went and sat and looked at the view and the kids ran around.

No comments: