Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weekly round-up

We haven't actually done much this week... so I thought if I put up loads of photos, it would seem like we had done a ton of activities! Let's see if it works...



Monday, we took a very cold stroll in Brinton Park... it was the wind that finally finished us off as the cold bit into our fingers. I just loved seeing the moon gazing over the tops of the bare trees.


Our first frosts this week... I love the frost...

Our Avent candles.


Geography Through Art was Germany and we were meant to build a gingerbread house (ideal for this time of year), but I figured that none of us would eat it, so we opted for making gingerbread boys/girls and snow men/women... Bubs was the most artistic, spending time decorating beautifully... Spike opted for the 'make it quickly so I can eat them' method! Each to their own!

We also did a bit about France, and attempted some 'stained glass windows' on Wax paper as suggested, but the result was a little disappointing... however, we enjoyed doing it.


The Tree... wasn't meant to go up so soon... but little children were eager... I assembled it, and put on the lights, then left them to it...

The window in the porch.

We watched a lot of Shaun the Sheep this week!

Autumn leaves at the windows.



'Singing Lessons' at the Home Ed group. It was fun... all acappella, and the kids did so well to learn the different 'parts'.

History Club at Hartlebury had us learning how to tie knots (shown is the 'handcuff' knot!!) and stop the end of a rope from fraying... very interesting, if a little tricky to learn!

Oodles of Mistletoe on the trees around here... this is just one example.



A real live Reindeer! They are very beautiful animals, a lot smaller than I imagined... I've never seen one before and, bizarrely, the kids thought that they could not possibly be real animals! It was great to get up close to them at a local Garden Centre (Papa Noel was no where to be seen!) and learn a little about them... exquisitely made by The Creator.


So, does it look like we've done lots this week... and not just been sitting around watching tv in the afternoons??!!

No comments: