Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekly round-up

 We started the week by deciding to brave an outing with a Home Ed group we haven't been to before (yeah, I know... very brave of us, huh?!) at a location we haven't been to before...




All ready to skate...

er... where is everyone? Ah ha... the receptionist informs us that the group hasn't been seen here for a while, she's not sure if they're still meeting or not! Maybe I should have got in touch with someone first! O well... we made it here, so best enjoy ourselves anyway (and we were allowed in for the special Home Ed group price too... which was a blessing, considering a certain wee chap put one foot on the ice and declared it too slippery and that he wasn't going on AT ALL!)...


... nope, absolutely NOT going on... not once in the whole hour we were there!...


But Bubs was very brave and skated around the whole rink, holding on, but that's ok, eh?... and I went on wobble, wobble... slip, slide... for a short while! (well, you know... had to watch Spike off rink...) It was a good experience for them anyway... as we've only ever been to an Ikea version of an ice rink before (ie, plastic, not real ice!).


We've had some Library time this week too.


And some science revision... we have been seeing how plants can reproduce without producing seeds... so we took a chunk of potato that had some 'eyes' and potted it up a couple of weeks ago... and now it is growing... from the eyes...




 Fun with nails... ok, they're not real! But Bubs had fun with them.


Someone's Christmas present?! They're still producing these boats quite regularly from the yard opposite us.


In a sleigh... waiting for Papa Noel...


... just Bubs... no way would Spike be seen with this guy! For some reason Bubs has wanted to do the whole 'Santa' thing this year... don't know why... we've never encouraged it! So, I indulged her... and she got a very nice book out of it!


Round the corner (we were at Hartlebury Castle), we spy this... oooooooo, I'D like to have a go on THAT!

So, I roped my lovely daughter in to come with me (sadly, Spike didn't like the idea... so he stayed with Grama)... I felt like I was in a Period Drama!


One happy mummy!


Here's the kids dressed up in their new smart clothes... they didn't really want to be serious!

 


No comments: