Saturday, April 18, 2009

Catching Up

Easter - spring clothes, and a chance to pose!

What a fantastic start to the week - glorious weather on Easter Monday. We had planned to go and walk in the Wyre Forest with church in the morning, but Bubbles woke with such a runny nose that we decided against it... come the afternoon I was feeling like a caged hen and desperate to get out and I said we would go out despite noses and whines, so Mum & Dad took us up to some hills they'd found not too far away - the Clent Hills. And it was wonderful - really felt like we were in the country. The view was stunning, and the kids enjoyed the feeling of 'openness'.

Handicrafts - getting the needle felting out again... it's good to start to get all the crafts out again! Bubbles made a penguin... I started on a 'something' - you know, one of those things you start but don't quite know what exactly you're making!

Bubbles version of 'Fishing Boat on the Beach' by Van Gogh.. she used water colour pencils in this book and had great fun doing it. She really does find colours quite hard though... it must be hard to see colours in a different way to others!
Here's the original...

Spike's version of Handicrafts!

Great weather for the ducks this week! The ground will have appreciated the rain though... makes me realise that we've not had that much rain since we moved, and doesn't the saying say 'April Showers, May Flowers'? Well, I'll happily tolerate the rain to see the flowers come up! We walked along to the Farm Shop for milk in the week, and got absolutely drenched... well, *I* did anyway! The kids had the umbrella so they fared a bit better... and it's not that far of a walk!


Our first taste of the craft sessions that are put on at Barnett Hill Garden Centre.. they had had them on all this week, but we decided to go on Friday when it was a 'paint a treasure chest' activity. It was busy, so we had to wait... but that worked well, as it meant that Spike was then happy to take part too (as it became quieter)... and they both did very well... Bubbles was very particular with how she did hers; Spike did a kind of random design, but he stuck with it which was really great!

Dinner at Morrisons, yum!


A surprise treat! I had ordered my perfume from The Body Shop online (there isn't a shop in Kiddy)... the order arrived and I opened the box... to find another lady's order! How strange - she lived in Cambridge, me over here in Kiddy! Wonder how that happened, someone who wasn't sure of their geography?! I phoned up to tell The Body Shop what had happened, and they said that since the order was so small (monetarily) that I could keep it and they'd get my order sent out asap! Well, I estimate that that's nearly £20 worth of goods there... if that's a small price, then I'm living in a different world to most people! To me, that's quite a lot! A very nice gift anyway.. and since I didn't have to pay for it, I don't mind whether it was small or large price!

No comments: