
FOR TODAY, Monday 27th April 2009...
Outside my window... Rain! It's good for the ground, I know it is... have been getting used to seeing the sun these days though!
I am thinking... we're going to get drenched when we go out to the Home Ed group this afternoon!
I am Remembering... the lovely warm and sunny days we have had so far this year
I am thankful for... the sun AND the rain
From the learning rooms... Really getting into the Ambleside Online at the moment... it's great to sit together and read some good literature and learn history, geography, science, art, music and so on through it, and then we're ready to tackle our 'table time' after that. It's really settling us into a good routine at the moment and keeping us focused.
From the kitchen... Today, baked potatoes and salad; Tuesday, cottage pie; Wednesday, chicken risotto and veg; Thursday, McDonalds (!); Friday, not sure, possibly out so something simple; Saturday, roast chicken; Sunday, sausage and mash.
I am wearing... black trousers, blue shirt, black jumper, socks
I am creating... mini felted blankets, and attempting to spin some yarn!
I am going... to get more organised in the evenings! I need to get on with my college course now, so I need to set time to do that... and I think it will mean less time on the computer, but that's not a bad thing I'm sure! There's so many things I want to do in my evenings that it's hard to fit it all in!
I am reading... Psalms and Proverbs
I am hoping... the fruit bushes, trees, strawberries, potatoes and lots of lovely flowers in the garden get a lot out of the rain - because I keep forgetting to water them! (bit of a haphazard gardener me!)
I am hearing... rain outside the back door... I think the gutter is a bit leaky
Around the house... looking pretty much lived in these days! Keeping on top of things by stages.
One of my favorite things... watching birds on the bird feeders
A few plans for the rest of the week... New Home Ed group on Monday, meeting at the Severn Valley Country Park and led by one of the Rangers; Tuesday club at church for Bubbles; maybe go on a hunt for some bluebells in the woods up on Clent Hills (though there's plenty of them in the garden!); possibly meet up with a friend; and generally just try and keep going!
A Scripture... "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Psalm 27:14
Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment