.. a visit to Croft Castle...
... a spot of treasure hunting, exploring, and playing there...
... the PINK tree! It's wound with fabric I think...some artistic exhibition - bit lost on us as we're not into abstract art, but it looks fun anyway!
... the PINK tree! It's wound with fabric I think...some artistic exhibition - bit lost on us as we're not into abstract art, but it looks fun anyway!
... the finch that visited me in the tea room...
... a visit to Witley Court...
... THE fountain! Perseus on Pegasus, rescuing Andromeda (or something like that!) We love the fountain! It's not on all the time, so timing is crucial!...
... and visiting the adjoining Great Witley Church... with the painting The Ascension by Antonio Bellucci on the ceiling, and the case of the organ being from the instrument that Handel played.
... a walk at the Wyre Forest... Bubs decided that if we *had* to do the 25 min walk then she wanted to do it the reverse way to what we normally do it so that we didn't come up the steep hill at the end of the walk... "ok" said I, "if you know how to do it in reverse, let's go for it", so off we set... erm... well, let's just say that we DON't know how to do it in reverse and we went off on some wild goose chase and had a very lovely 50 min walk (ha! that's obviously the way to get a long walk in... let the kids navigate!) but we did end up coming back up the steep hill Bubs was trying to avoid! Quite amusing! I think Spike's face captures how they felt when we got back to the visitors centre!
.. odd!..
.. HUGE lolly!..
... very lovely finished craft - Bubs' cross-stitched bookmark for me!
2 comments:
What fun! Looking at all your lovely pictures makes me miss England so much. Glad you are making the most of the summer hols!
It's turning out to be a better summer hols than we could have planned! But I have to say, I'm looking forward to slowing the pace down again! I'm not much good at being on the go all the time! Ex
Post a Comment