Monday, September 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Monday 28th September, 2009...

Outside my window... darkness... how quickly the sun is setting now...

I am thinking... I really should be doing my college work, but my brain is on a go-slow... maybe I should get an early night instead and tackle it tomorrow when I am hopefully feeling more alert...

I am Remembering... the wonderful weather we have had for the past 3 weeks... so warm and sunny...

I am thankful for... God's Grace...

From the learning rooms... Well, we are on our 3rd week of the Ambleside Curriculum Year 2... we have gone easy on our 3 Rs the last couple of weeks as we eased ourselves back into learning and just enjoyed the reading... but back into it full throttle this week!

From the kitchen... Today, Baked potatoes and salad; Tues, Fish and chips, peaa; Wed, Spag Bol, carrots, broccoli; Thurs, Rice, beans, broccoli and carrots; Fri, Roast Chicken, potaotes, veg; Sat and Sun, whatever we fancy, or leftovers!

I am wearing... tusty old denim skirt, raspberry colour T, bare feet... feeling a little chilly now, so will probably go hunt out a cardy soon...

I am creating... random odds and ends... a bit of this, a bit of that!

I am going... to be very excited to see Mum and Dad back from their hols this week! We have missed them immensly...

I am reading... I wish I were! I have a stack of books I really want to read... time...

I am hoping... we don't catch the colds that are going around at the moment... it would be nice to be illness free for a little longer...

I am hearing... whirring and gurgling from the computer, and some worship music in the background..

Around the house... it's starting to get chilly in the evenings, time for cardies and to pull a blanket around the shoulders; and the dark nights are making my brain more anxious than usual, so I'm having to reign in my thoughts a lot; but all is much as usual in the house itself!

One of my favorite things... the colour of the autumn leaves...

A few plans for the rest of the week... We must get to the Library at some point to renew books; and on Saturday the kids will pick up their award for doing the Summer Reading scheme there. Saturday night we hope to camp in the Lounge, for Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles)

A Scripture...
"Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path." Psalm 119:105

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

(click here)

I wish I were as bold!


Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: