Sunday, January 10, 2010

Facebook

So, these past couple of days I have leapt into the realm of FaceBook. I'm not entirely sure about it... I've not totally got to grips with it... I'm finding it rather time-consuming (and that will have to stop as I've more important things to be doing!)... and I'm sure I'll be totally bored with it come the end of this week... but I've rubbed "Walls" with friends past and present... and caught up with their lives to a certain degree... and thats been quite good.

I  much prefer Blogging and e-mailing though... maybe I'm just more comfortable with them... FB scares me somewhat as I just do not know what I'm supposed to be doing!... and there are WAY too many things to look at - it confuses my brain! I'm not even going down the route of games on there!

How did all this come about? Well, the kids have been getting their toys to use pretend laptops and on those pretend laptops they have been tapping out messages on FB! Where they got that idea I just don't know... as I've been adamant that I would most definitely NOT go down the FB book route! So, inevitably, the question arose of 'what exactly IS FaceBook, Mum?'... er... not sure actually!... ok since we're all pretty much visual learners, let's try and get a 'page' up on FB so we can actually find out what it is... and that's pretty much how I got into it. The camp is now totally divided... on the one hand there is Bubs egging me on to 'just have another look at your page, Mum and see if anyone else has become your friend'... and on the other there is Spike who, after seeing me attempt to grapple the basics of FB over the last couple of days, is now saying 'not FaceBook AGAIN!' I don't think I'm in either camp... I'm somewhere inbetween - not fed-up with it *yet*, but definitely not wanting to go on it too often!

(There's a link to my FB somewhere toward the bottom right-hand column of this page... in case you wish to join me there... not that I'll be there, but I will pop in from time to time!)

No comments: