Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, 11th January 2010...

Outside my window... dark; melting snow; some cars passing; street lights


I am thinking... I should go to bed!


I am Remembering... what fun we've had in the snow and how I'm a little sad it's all thawing now...


I am thankful for... God's unending GRACE... it keeps my head above water


From the learning rooms... have changed things a little again, as I want to include some of the other materials on my shelves that I managed to dig out over Christmas!... 2 days of the week for our 'reading' selections for History, Geography, Science, Literature and Natural history/science; and 2 days for the more 'practical' aspects of those with hands-on activities... as well as the 3 Rs of course


From the kitchen... today Baked potatoes, tuna/cheese, salad; Tuesday, heinz spaghetti and sausages, veg; Wednesday, sausages and mash, veg; Thursday, McDonalds?; Friday, spag bol, veg; Saturday, rice, beans, veg; Sunday, something from the freezer


I am wearing... PJs, fleece, slippers


I am creating... have just sorted out and re-organised all my 'creative' supplies.. and one of my goals for the year is to try and squeeze in more time to 'create' lovely things


I am going... to take Spike to see the Clinical Psych again this week...  maybe soon we won't need to see quite so many 'professionals'...


I am reading... Romans


I am hoping... mum and dad make it up to Scotland ok


I am hearing... the yatter of the tv... it's keeping me company tonight... not that there's anything decent to watch!


Around the house... all is quite sane, and feeling fresh after the Christmas decorations have been put away... back into the housework routine again now


One of my favorite things... laughing with the kids


A few plans for the rest of the week...  no plans actually... just taking it a day at a time

A Scripture...
"Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah" Psalm 46:10-11



Here is picture thought I am sharing...



love this satellite image of the snow over GB from the past week

Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: