Monday, January 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, Monday 25th January 2010...

Outside my window... clear blue sky, gentle breeze in the trees, birds on the feeders, green grass...


I am thinking... that is surely can't be Monday again... ALREADY?!... and how come I am managing to get on the computer in the day time anyhow?!...


I am Remembering... how it felt when we moved here a year ago...


I am thankful for... the sunshine...


From the learning rooms... Bible study; The 3 Rs; History - Noah & the flood, the Ice Age & dinosaurs; Science - the Earth's history & Human cells, tissues & organs; Geography (through art) - Italy again, and Roman concrete; Literature - various choices; Fine Art - Music: Haydn, Art: John Singer Sargent, Poetry: selection; Natural History - outside time; Language - Muzzy


From the kitchen... today, Baked Potatoes, tuna or cheese, salad; tuesday, Chicken Curry, rice, veg; wednesday, pasta, tomato sauce, veg; thursday, spag bol, veg; friday, tinned spag & sausages (for the kids anyway... think I'll have something different - bubble & squeak maybe... but mine is more like 'compote-of-romania' with all sorts of leftover veg thrown in the pan!); saturday, leftovers; sunday, frozen food of choice


I am wearing... old faithful denim skirt, blue shirt, fleece... yea, I know I'm a fashion disaster but, hey, I'd rather wear something comfy!...


I am creating... lots of thoughts about things to make and do!...


I am going... to get my Bookkeeping Mock Exam finished this week and submitted... if only one could be so blase about the actual exam!


I am reading... Romans...


I am hoping... I can sleep a bit better this week...


I am hearing... Spike on the computer, Bubs humming, clock ticking


Around the house... is definitely looking like it's nearly spring and time for a good clean!


One of my favorite things... Horlicks at bedtime...


A few plans for the rest of the week... a reasonably quiet week; Home Ed group at Tewkesbury...


A Scripture...
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes..." Romans 1:16 (NASB)




Here is picture thought I am sharing...





Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: