
FOR TODAY, 18th January 2010...
Outside my window... dark... can't wait until the lighter evenings come in...
I am thinking... I would like to be able to be full of energy in the mornings again, not lathargic and taking ages to 'get going'... 'tis just a season, and it will pass as the lighter mornings come in...
I am Remembering... the lovely snowman we made last week... he is just hanging on in there by the skin of his teeth!
I am thankful for... tickly children!
From the learning rooms... the 3 R's; lots of good books; science - the 1st and 2nd laws of Thermodynamics & starting to look at the human body; history - restarting Mystery of History (long story behind that!), creation, Adam & Eve and Jubal & Tubal-cain; art/geography - Italy; music - Haydn; Art - John Singer-sargent
From the kitchen... today, baked potato, cheese, tuna mayo and salad; tues, tinned spag/saus or soup, veg; wed, rice, beans, veg; thurs, Pizza Hut (due to 50% off voucher!); fri, cottage pie, veg; sat, roast chicken, veg; sun, frozen food of choice
I am wearing... trusty old denim skirt, denim coloured shirt, fleece
I am creating... chaos everywhere! a couple of 'light' mornings have made me want to re-organise lots of things and I've been shifting boxes and 'stuff' around and generally 'recreating' various areas... I daresay I'll be exhausted in a couple of days, but hopefully all sorted! What I really could do with doing is making a quilted draft-excluder for the patio doors in the lounge, as there is quite a draft coming in... maybe I'll be inspired to start this week...
I am going... to try not to get frustrated when the internet does not work in the evenings and I can't 'play' on the computer... maybe it's the Lord's provision? there are, after all, far too many other things to be getting on with...
I am reading... Romans (we are going through this at church, and it was suggested we also read through it at home)
I am hoping... that the kids might suddenly be inspired to help around the house without having to be asked! (do pigs fly??!)
I am hearing... ticking clock, occasional car passing, slight music beat from next door...
Around the house... it is feeling quite nice and cosy...
One of my favorite things... A short video... "That's My King"... a prayer by Dr SM Lockridge
A few plans for the rest of the week... Tesco shopping; monday club for the kids; tues group for Bubs; Drama for Bubs; appointment at the Occupational Therapist for Spike; watch 'Monsters vs Aliens' dvd; visit T for his birthday (age 2!)
A Scripture... "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer" Psalm 19:14 (NASB)
Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment