Monday, March 22, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY,  Monday 22nd March 2010...

Outside my window... no idea! curtains are closed... so, obviously, it must be dark... but I don't know if the stars are out, or if it's cloudy...


I am thinking... far far too much at the moment! I have been feeling really overwhelmingly sad... there are changes taking place in our family and I'm finding it hard to find as much joy in the changes as I have had in our journey thus far. The more that I find myself toeing the party line, the more acceptable we seem to become to others, as if we were foreigners before but now, finally, we recognise our place in society... it's not that I doubt the Lord's ability to take us through this time, or even that I doubt this is indeed the Lord's will for now... it's just harder than I thought...


I am Remembering... how steady and comfortable and rhythmic our weeks have been.. until last week when we seem to have started to be rather dis-jointed... and that doesn't fit well with my personality! I guess we'll get the rhythm back again, once we get used to the new way of life... things take time...


I am thankful for... Time... and the endless possibilities for ways to fill it... although, there never does seem to be enough of it! I hope I can learn to truly redeem my time...


From the learning rooms... a mish-mash of things... with 2 weeks of interruptions of various kinds, we're mostly concentrating on the 3Rs with some other odds and ends thrown in...


From the kitchen... today, usual Sunday fare from the freezer (because we missed it yesterday with being out all day!); Tues, baked potatoes, salad, tuna mayo/cheese; Wed, roast chicken, roast pots, veg, gravy; Thurs, Pasta with tomato or cheese, veg; Fri, slow-cooked beef and pasta casserole; Sat, Fish, veg; Sun, frozen of choice, or soup and rosemary/olive soda bread...


I am wearing... trusty old denim skirt, maroon coloured t-shirt, navy fleece, bare feet...


I am creating... a cross-stitch picture (see a picture of it part done on post about Hartlebury helpers club)... I've been much enjoying it! It was going to be for a friend, but I'm liking it so much that I think I'm going to have to keep it for myself! Also trying to start to make some inroads into some quilting I started a long long while ago... I think this needs to be a year for finishing projects, not just starting them!


I am going... to definitely try and get back to having earlier nights this week... I seem to be getting later again, for no particular reason apart from the fact that my mind is pondering on so very many things... but I'm getting o so very tired, so I must get myself in order once more...


I am reading... Praying the Names of God and Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends (hmm, we have some on-going issues!)...


I am hoping... Spike settles quickly at the school... I really don't want him to be unhappy... I'd rather he were at home, but this seems to be the way forward for the moment...


I am hearing... tumble drier drying, central heating clunking, computer humming, clock ticking...


Around the house... all is not too bad... though I really wish I could figure out how to sort Spike's bedroom so it looks less cluttered and so the toys aren't on the floor all the time... sometimes I peek into his room, then run away again and leave the dusting for another time!


One of my favorite things... clothes drying on the washing line...


A few plans for the rest of the week... a quiet week I think, as the weather is not to be at its best... Spike will be going up to the school for an hour on his own this week too, and Bubs and I will nip and do some errands to fill the time... I would also like to actually get to tick off most of my 'to do' list this week! I'm getting there!


A Scripture...
"But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts." Romans 13:14 (NASB)


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

 precious children...

Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: