Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekly round-up

Short week? It looks like it... but it wasn't really! I'm sure we've done loads... just not much that was worth taking a picture of!

... it's been a beautiful week, weather-wise, and for once we got to appreciate it... here, up in the Clent Hills... Dad, me and Spike...

... followed by a free cuppa (thanks Webbs!) in Webbs garden centre, and the collection of a prize that Spike had won in the Birds of Prey trail that we did at half-term... we never seem to win anything, so a nice surprise this was!

... too good to stay indoors... back to the Clent hills... Mum, Dad, me, Bubs & Spike this time... followed by another free cuppa at Webbs on the way home (they had given us vouchers in February, and we absolutely had to use them up!) and icecream for the kids!

... I actually ventured out and put clothes on the line this week... ahhh... it smelt so very lovely when I brought it in, even if it wasn't completely dry... and Bubs gave me a cuddle later and told me that I smelt of 'outside' and that was a lovely thing to say... as I do so love the 'outside' on days like this...

... the dreaded eye exam... (dreaded only by grown ups... because if their prescription has changed it's big money to get new glasses!)... both Bubs and I have to get new glasses... Bubs was delighted to have the opportunity to change her frames... me, well... I'm not entirely sure what I picked as as soon as I started browsing, Spike said he needed the toilet, so we had to move quickly after that and I just sort of grabbed something off the shelf... we'll have to see what they look like next week, not much I can do about it now!

... Saturday, though not so bright and clear, felt like a day to try and sort the garden! My hands and arms are sore! I pruned bushes (and hid the budlia through the hedge and over the fence behind!... it was too big for the bin or for the huge pile of clippings now adorning the side of the garden!) and dug a huge bush out... on my last legs of strength, the kids came out to give a helping hand and we felt like we were part of the story of 'The enormous turnip'!... it really was a very big root ball, and boy am I glad it's out... I should have taken a picture, but my hands were too sore! I think I probably did too much on my own, but I wanted to prove that I could actually do these things myself! Just one other bush to dig out... but it wouldn't budge when I tried and I didn't have any strength left... another day...

... a pleasant Sunday afternoon stroll to watch the steam trains from the bridge...

No comments: