Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekly round-up

Hmmm... well, I think I may not carry on with weekly round-ups, since our weeks are awfully quiet at the moment during the school term. I may just post up as and when we actually do something that I can take a picture of!

At the moment, our days look like this... Spike goes off to school each day for 8.45am and Bubs and I pick him up again at 3pm. During the time he's away, Bubs and I have settled on a (rather mundane, but necessary) routine, consisting of varying degrees of: Adventures in Odyssey, Postal Bible School or personal Bible Study, Galore Park Math, Mathletics (online Math program), Spelling Bee (online spelling program), Galore Park English and Grammarland (old-fashioned book about English Grammar), Classics for Kids (online music program), Sketch Tuesday and other art and craft stuff (eg, Bubs is in the process of making herself a dolly, and teaching herself to knit); and during lunchtime we've been making our way through the Tales from the Green Valley and Victorian Farm (just for fun!). After lunch we enjoy each other's company, play outside, play games etc. It's really a Math top-heavy schedule, trying to get Bubs off and running with a subject she struggles with so much. Hopefully come September, we will resume a more 'normal' schedule and add back in the more formal history and geography and science etc.

It's not a full 5-day a week schedule though, as on a Wednesday we are trying to go swimming in order to encourage Bubs in the water, and if the weather is nice to go and picnic outside somewhere in the afternoon before the school run. We also take Thursday mornings off to go visit with Grama and Grampa.

And so, to our past week...


... a trip to Webbs of Wychbold... with Grama and Grampa... lovely Wisteria arch; a scarecrow who was called Spike (so his name tag said... but our Spike wouldn't believe me!); and a beautiful girl having a rest! We had a lovely meal and a good look around Hobbycraft - fab afternoon!

... the Fair came to Brinton Park... under pressure from the kids (!) I said we could go and have a look... fortunately, none of the rides particularly appealed, so we settled for ice cream instead! 'Smile!' I said to the kids... ''I AM smiling' said Spike... does it look like he's smiling to you? 'cos it looks more like a grimace to me!!

... and, just because I haven't had a photo till now... here's our wonderful wee blessing of a car...

1 comment:

Erin said...

You may not be doing the same things as before, but it still looks like a fun week, to me! And is this a new car? Thankful for these blessings!