Monday, January 5, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, 5th January 2009...

Outside my window... the Pentland Hills... trying to enjoy the view for the next few days before we leave.

I am thinking... a million and one thoughts! I've tried writing everything down on paper, but now there's so many bits of paper its *way* more confusing than my mind!

I am Remembering... when we moved to this house... doesn't seem that long ago, but when I think that Bubbles was only 3, and Spike just 1 - that does make it seem a long while ago!

I am thankful for... the steadfast love of the Lord, and that His mercies are new EVERY morning.

From the learning rooms... how to live through moving house!

From the kitchen... I don't think much food will pass through the kitchen this week... I have a feeling that McDonalds & Ikea & Tesco meals are on the menu... probably work out cheaper in the long run!

I am wearing... black trousers (so I don't trip myself up running hither and thither this week!), t-shirt, big fleece jumper (it's cold, brrr), socks

I am creating... all kinds of things in my mind! In my mind, I'm the most creative person alive and I sure can produce some wonderful blankets, wall-hangings, and my own wool! I want to work at actually *doing* just that - in real life! - this year! All my crafts are packed up... some are going to come in the car with us, so I may still be able to pick away at the crochet in-between houses.

I am going... to Kwik Fit to get the brakes on the car checked I hope (free); to Halfords to get a new brake light and reg plate light (and ask them to fit them!); to hand some clothes into the charity shop; petrol station to make sure the tyres are pumped up properly and, weather and Spike permitting, to have a car wash (the car is mingin! it needs a good clean... but Spike is frightened of the car wash, so we normally do it ourselves at home, but it's too cold for that at the moment!); and anywhere else we need to go!

I am reading... all the notes in the kitchen, and getting very confused!

I am hoping... everything goes so very smoothly this week... but however it all pans out, I know that ultimately the Lord is in control.

I am hearing... chatter, laughter, and lots of noise from the Wii! Tonight the Wii gets unplugged and packed up, so the kids are making the most of it.

Around the house... boxes...

One of my favorite things... the kids snuggling in bed with me in the morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week... well, rather a lot of plans - this is the week we move!

A Scripture...
I will lift up my eyes to the hills - From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

(Castlelaw Hill Fort & the Pentland Hills)

Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

2 comments:

Romany said...

Esther,

Are you the Esther for the Proverbs list?

Ah-ha! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll pray for a smooth move for you.

Esther said...

Yip! That'll be me! Thanks for praying... the move isn't being particularly 'smooth' in many ways (quite a challenge!), but the Lord is very much in control. Ex