wait (wāt)
intransitive verb
- to stay in a place or remain in readiness or in anticipation (until something expected happens or for someone to arrive or catch up)
I seem to attract the need to wait... I don't like it, I'm not good at it! "I'll do it myself", I'd like to say "At least I'll know it will get done then". I've had rather a lot of practice in waiting over the past 8 weeks... I should be better at it now - shouldn't I?? It doesn't feel like it... I'm still trying to resist the urge to jump in and organise the Lord, and suggest He might like to do things a different way; and waiting for other *people* has to be one of the most frustrating things there is to do! I guess it's one of those character flaws that the Lord needs to keep working on in me... and I know I'm not always the most reliable person either.
The funny thing is, once the wait is over, I forget the angst that the wait has caused me in the first place!... [bit like childbirth - I know it was painful giving birth to Bubbles & Spike, but once they arrived, the pain was forgotten pretty much instantly.] Trouble is, the next time I have to wait again... for someone or something... I find I've forgotten all the valuable lessons I learnt last time (sigh)
I think that waiting is an important lesson to learn... the Scriptures tell me many a time to 'wait on the Lord'... there is so much He can show me, if I'll just wait on Him... His timing isn't the same as mine - I might think that keeping to *my* timing will make everything good, but it's definitely better to wait on HIS timing... because His timing isn't just good, it's perfect!
And so, I continue to learn...
I could do with learning how to keep on *living* in the waiting times too... I have a tendency to put everything on *hold* while I wait, and I get distracted with the wait... there really isn't time to waste time!
No comments:
Post a Comment