Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snapshot of our week

wIt was lovely to have one of Bubbles' and Spikes' cousins stay over on Saturday night last week and spend Sunday with us. The kids had great fun. A couple of good photos of Bubbles & Spike with Daddy too.


Monday was a peaceful day... all the phone calls I had to make were surprisingly straightforward and quick, amazing! We all went to the cinema to see "Bedtime Stories" later, which was quite fun. The kids had fun playing outside for a while when we
got home... it was really cold, but so good to enjoy the freshness. Stephen & I did some jobs in the garden and sheds. We had fun later playing Bowling together on the Wii... so very much easier to get a Strike on this than in 'real life'!!



I don't remember much about Tuesday - I think we just vegged and played on the Wii.



Hogmanay was party time... great fun. See Wordless Wednesday for some photos. The required documentation for signing for the sale of the house came in the post, finally. I was beginning to wonder if the Solicitor had sent them before Christmas as promised or not... he did! I got them signed and off in the post, ETA Monday morning in Dunfermline. [D-Day for finalising everything to do with the houses is Monday I hope.] Grama & Grampa had arrived by the time we got home. Just a quiet evening... although Bubbles wanted to stay up for the 'Bells', I decided a good nights sleep was more in order!

New Year's Day was quiet... we had thought that most of the shops would be open, but they weren't! Good really... gives some of the workers time off. So, we couldn't get into B&Q... but we had a McDonalds instead! - a bit of a novelty for Grama & Grampa!

Friday we got some jobs done around the house and Grama & Grampa's car packed up with some of the things the Removal People won't take. We also got to have a great meal in Dobbies, probably for the last time... untill we are up visiting family/friends again.

All in all, a nice peaceful week.

No comments: