
FOR TODAY, 23rd February 2009...
Outside my window... scaffolding, green grass, green trees, grey clouds.
I am thinking... it will be lovely when the roof is finished and we've had our 'holiday' and then we can start to get into the way of living here and carving out new routines and finding new friends.
I am Remembering... dear friends, a little further away than I'd like them to be...
I am thankful for... today - a wonderful gift.
From the learning rooms... Bible study, math, Reading & Writing; gardening, exploring, playing.
From the kitchen... Today, Rice, beans and veg; Tuesday, Pancakes (Shrove Tuesday); Wednesday, probably Pizza Hut for Stephen's birthday; Thursday, Spaghetti Bolognese, veg; Friday, Baked Potatoes, salad and fillings; Saturday, something from the freezer; Sunday, Fellowship Lunch - Frugal meal, thinking about poorer countries.
I am wearing... trusty long denim skirt, t-shirt, thick warm cream cardy, bare feet.
I am creating... creating is at a standstill at the moment... the kids have overtaken me in the creative stakes at present... I just don't seem to have the time, much to my disappointment. Still, once I start a crochet square again, I shall feel like this is home...
I am going... to Morrisons and Pizza Hut, but otherwise probably just staying around the house again this week.
I am reading... A good friends new novel... I'm so excited for you Roberta!
I am hoping... that the coming week goes well.
I am hearing... the tumble dryer (the weather isn't so conducive to hanging out the washing today) and kids playing (trying to avoid math and English!).
Around the house... is ok actually... things in reasonable order... it's definitely feeling like home now.
One of my favorite things... the feel of sunshine on my face.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Stephen arriving for a visit; hopefully start to tackle the garden; enjoy life a day at a time.
A Scripture...
"Those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment