Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Definitely not a... Wordless Wednesday!

Bubbles' first Sports Day! It was a real confidence boost for her... as being a very small school, there was every chance to do well... and as the school supports a lot of children with 'learning differences' then all are encouraged to just 'give their best' rather than be out to win... though the older ones in the teams were competitive and did well to encourage the little ones on... I thought it was a much more relaxed affair than I ever remember sports day being! There were 4 'House Teams'... I don't remember the other names, but Bubbles was in Baxter House, which was great as far as I was concerned... remembering a Godly influence in Kidderminster. Over all, there was only 6 points seperating the results of the 4 teams.. Baxter House came joint second... so Bubbles was very pleased! But, I think she just really enjoyed the afternoon! Here's what they did...

Javelin... well, the Primary ages weren't trusted with the real thing, so they threw a tennis ball! (quite a sensible idea that!)

The poster Bubbles (behind the poster!) and her chum made to cheer their team on.

Wellie-wanging!! (ok, for the sharp-of-eye... it was actually a pair of work boots they threw!)


Shot Put... there were lighter balls for the younger ones to 'Put'

Penalty shoot-out

Sack race... Bubble's didn't do this one, rather her chum - who made a super-zippy race to the finish line

Egg & Spoon... slow and steady (nearly) wins the race

Cricket... having never even been near a cricket bat before, she made a valian effort

100m relay race... she ran second, and had the hard task of running UP the hill... she was very determined

Poor old Spike... he thought he'd get a chance to join in, but it didn't work out that way... he did very admirably, sitting watching for 2 hours... and got an ice lolly for reward...

No comments: