The last of our Home Ed sessions at the Severn Valley Country Park for now... the final part of our Waste Management sessions... the results of our very own packaging for eggs... will the eggs survive being dropped from a meter high? We went outside to find out, just as a thunder storm loomed on the horizon (hence Spike with hands on ears!)...

Number 1...

Number 2...

Number 3...

Bubble's reaction kind of sums it all up really, doesn't it?! All three team were successful... all eggs remained intact...


Prizes all round, for everyone! And all ecologically sound prizes - fully compostable pens, pencils made from recycled plastic bags and coloured pencils made from recycled wood...
The final event... teams, and a debate... on a fictitious town that had filled their last land-fill site and whether they should open a new one in an old quarry or build an energy-from-waste factory and how they could encourage recycling... very interesting, and the kids gave it their all and got quite carried away... order had to be called and they all shook hands!
This is the team that was on the Waste Management course.
Just to show we really were at the SVCP!
The new 'fad' around the house... it's also an online computer game... the kids are a bit obsessed at the moment... it's a nice fun, reasonably calm game...
Just checking it still fits, he said! It does! It didn't stay on long though... it's hard work being a super-hero!...
Spike and I did lots of puzzles whilst Bubbles was at school this week.
Ice! Above is a water lolly! Below (going in, and coming out)... the kids wanted to make icecubes of some of their cars... it didn't work quite as well as they wanted, as we had to melt most of the 'car-cubes' in order to get the cars out!...

OK, this was a difficult one... Thursday heralded a 'Harry Potter Day' at school... I didn't know what to do... I prayed long and much about it... we talked about it together... should I not let her go? should I let her dress up? What to do, Lord? The above was our offering... ordinary 'school' clothes, with a stripy scarf... and, yes, she did go in... she desperately didn't want to miss one of her 'days' at school... probably if it hadn't been the last day of term, I may have swapped her day. I don't know if it IS right to compromise in any way or not... it can be said that she will come across these things at some point in life, so better to learn to deal with them now. I just don't know, am not totally convinced on that one. I don't even know if I did the right thing letting her go in. I do know that the Lord gave me peace about this day though. I also know that there is no 'harmless fun' to be had from HP... it's evil! I found that out by just trying to discover what kind of clothes they wore (so Bubbles could figure out what to wear)... and Bubbles knows that whilst I tolerated her going in for the day, there is NO way that HP is coming into the house... I also learnt that she IS a little wise, despite her young years, and she chose not to participate in some aspects of the day and, when I recoiled in horror when she said that they had to watch half of one of the films, she said the screen was so small she couldn't actually see it properly and that it all seemed rather boring anyway - thank you Lord! It's hard, when kids want to fit in so badly... and when you don't want them to be out on a limb on their own... it's not them that need to be 'Salt & Light' in their schools at their tender age, it's me the grown up. I hope a situation like that doesn't come up again too soon!
Balloon art... by the magician... who Bubbles said seemed more like a comedian!
Only there 2 days a week for 3 weeks... and she still gained an award! I was proud mummy, and she was beaming girl!
Grama's are SO helpful...
Watching the News together... carefully weighing up the cares of the world, together...
It's hard to get him to look 'natural' for photos! Sporting a gigantum plaster on his knee, as per normal!
No comments:
Post a Comment