Monday, February 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY,   Monday 1st February  2010...

Outside my window... green grass, weary looking plants, slight breeze in the trees, squirrel on the bird feeder, grey sky...


I am thinking... Wow, January is over... where'd it go?


I am Remembering... how lovely it feels to stand still in the sun...


I am thankful for... buds on the trees, bulbs pushing through the ground, green grass...


From the learning rooms... the 3 Rs as usual; Various Literature reads; History - sumerians, Tower of Babel & The Epic of Gilgamesh; Science - the atmosphere & our bones; Geography - Mona Lisa drawing; Fine Arts - Poetry: selection, Art: Singer Sargent and various "Katie & the..." books, Music: Haydn; Language - Muzzy


From the kitchen... today, baked potatoes, salad, cheese/tuna mayo; tuesday, baked chicken, new potatoes, veg; wednesday, pasta and tuna, veg; thursday, mince and tatties, veg; friday, tinned spaghetti & sausages (prob not for me though!); saturday, toad-in-the-hole, veg; sunday, frozen food of choice.


I am wearing... trusty denim skirt, maroon coloured long-sleeve t-shirt, fleece, slippers


I am creating... ... I had high hopes for actually creating something lovely this week... I only got as far as looking at some lovely material and gathering some squares together... it's a start I suppose...


I am going... to definitely get to bed earlier this week, and relax a bit more...


I am reading... Romans


I am hoping... I've done ok in my mock exam... and that the actual exam will be MONTHS off as I'm really NOT ready for it mentally!...


I am hearing... various odd noises from the game Spike is playing on the Wii and the freezer talking to itself (it does that... gives me a bit of a fright at night sometimes!)


Around the house... mostly organised... but it doesn't matter how much I tidy in the lounge, it still looks a disaster...


One of my favorite things... green green grass...


A few plans for the rest of the week... be quiet mostly, and hopefully meet up with some friends...


A Scripture...
"The grass withers, and the flower falls off, but the Word of the Lord endures forever" 1 Peter 1: 24-25 (NASB)


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

ah... aren't they lovely! Spring is on the way... yay!


Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: