
FOR TODAY, Monday 15th February 2010...
Outside my window... day beginning to draw to a close... it's staying lighter a lot longer now, and I'm grateful...
I am thinking... how much I'm looking forward to pancakes tomorrow... and spending some time in reflection on the names of God during Lent (not that Lent is something we really observe... although the run-up to Easter does seem to lend itself to reflection, just like Advent, and as commercialism is once again in full swing it seems necessary to tuck that little bit closer to the Lord)...
I am Remembering... chatting with my wonderful friend yesterday evening...
I am thankful for... the lengthening of the days...
From the learning rooms... Bible Study - Adventures in Odyssey; Literature selections; History - Abraham, Jacob & Esau, Joseph; Science - weather & climate and types of bones; Geography through Art - Sweden; Fine Art - Poetry: winter selection, Music: Rossini, Art: Monet... and, as a concession to the fact that it is half-term this week, we will have a break from the 3 Rs!
From the kitchen... today, baked potatoes, tuna mayo/cheese, salad; tuesday, pancakes with choice of topping; wednesday, rice, beans, veg; thursday, roast chicken, new potatoes, veg; friday, going out for an indian or chinese in the evening so the kids will have their choice of food!; saturday, slow-cooked beef and pasta casserole, veg; sunday, frozen food of choice...
I am wearing... long navy cotton/linen skirt, maroon coloured t-shirt, cardy, socks...
I am creating... odds and ends as I can... still working on quilting, and finishing a crochet bag off, and little 'pictures' out of curtain rail rings...
I am going... to have to take Spike to the OT again this week... he had a mild 'wobbly' there last week and there is so much the OT needs to get through... I really hope Spike is up for the challenge this week so that we don't have to go again the following week...
I am reading... Romans; Praying the Names of God, Praying for the Persecuted Church in Lent...
I am hoping... I can learn a little more this week of how to really leave my burdens with the Lord... I think I'm doing so well, then I snatch them all back again
I am hearing... star wars music from the tv, where Spike is watching one of the episodes; sweet singing from Bubs in the kitchen; ticking clock - time never stands still...
Around the house... the sun shining in the windows on a couple of occasions has made me realise that I really need to clean the glass!... that is often on my chore list, but blissfully ignored on most occasions!... however, I foresee the need to get diligent...
One of my favorite things... snuggling up on the sofa crocheting... it doesn't seem to happen too often these days!
A few plans for the rest of the week... it would be nice to go a few walks, and maybe take advantage of a few half-term activities... IF we can bear to join the crowds... we'll see...
A Scripture... "For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, Abba! Father!" Romans 8:15 (NASB)
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Monet - Tulip fields in Holland... I'm enjoying this picture at the moment...
Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment