Monday, June 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday 8th June 2009...

Outside my window... grey sky, gentle breeze rustling the leaves of the trees, bees buzzing in the vegetation, birds on the feeders...

I am thinking... wonder how Dad's operation went... wating for news...

I am Remembering... friends

I am thankful for... family

From the learning rooms... More Ambleside... I feel like we should have finished the school year now... but I'm still in Scottish Mode... have to remember the schools don't break until mid/end July here in England so I'm not depriving the kids of play time by continuing with our studies! It's not that we break for the long holidays... we tend to school year-round (and take breaks as/when needed)... but I have some 'unit studies' I'd like to do *in between* if we have time before the next 'school year'

From the kitchen... Today, Baked Potatoes, salad; Tuesday, Chicken Curry, veg; Wednesday, Rice, Beans, Veg; Thursday, Cottage Pie; Friday, Roast chicken, trimmings; Saturday, Toad-in-the-hole; Sunday, Frozen fare.

I am wearing... black trousers (off mini-beast hunting today, so they are more appropriate than a skirt!), check shirt, flip-flops

I am creating... baby blanket (slowly... time is short...), visual journal (nearly complete)...

I am going... Mad? no, maybe not! But I am struggling a bit... Life is a bit of a whirl... some days it's hard to drag one's feet through the day, let alone one's mind... somedays I do think I am odd, liking things others don't, having different priorities... but it's ok, I'm glad we're all different! I do need to keep reigning in my mind though...

I am reading... Romans... when time is short, it has to be the Bible over any other books...

I am hoping... it might brighten up a bit for the mini-beast hunt later, be nice if it isn't raining!

I am hearing... Spike playing (noisily!), Bubbles cutting out for her journal...

Around the house... all is (mostly) in it's place...

One of my favorite things... wool!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Mini-beast hunt at the Severn Valley Country Park today with other HErs; Tuesday club for Bubbles and Dr appointment for Spike; visit to the library at some point; quieter week on the whole.

A Scripture...
"Incline my heart to (cause me to long for) Your testimonies, And not to covetousness. Turn away my eyes (cause my eyes to pass away from) from looking at worthless things, And revive me in Your way." Psalm 119:36-37

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This is what Spike looks like most of the time... he moves around *way* too fast for me!

Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: