Friday, June 5, 2009

Weekly round-up

So, this is what remained after Monday and Tuesdays activities...

On Wednesday we had to take the car to the garage for its MOT... sadly it failed :o( O well, c'est la vie. Thankfully, the garage were able to take the car on Thursday to work on it. We had some good exercise that day, as we dropped the car off at 8am and walked home (about 20 mins). After a visit from the Speech Therapist (to see Spike) and lunch, we wandered up to Grama & Grampas and then on to the Polling Station, and after that on to the wee museum at the Severn Valley Railway station. It's just a small museum, and free to go in to (we purchased these for 10p!)...


The kids had a go at being signal men, pulling all the levers in the correct order... I expect the trains would have collided by the time we got all the levers pulled!

Little things please little minds! This is quite funny... they were both really taken by the 'old' phones... and these aren't even *that* old - I remember using one of these! They would have stayed for ages playing with these!...

When at the Post Office in the week, we walked a slightly different way, and came across Baxter's church... I hadn't noticed it before... well, not up close anyway! There really isn't much to Kidderminster town... once you've worked out how it all fits together... which I haven't yet! Once I have, life will be so much easier!!


We've dug out the flower presses, and started to use them again... This should really be in an Outdoor Hour Challenge post, but since I don't have anything else to post up about it, I thought I'd just post here so I remember! We have 3 presses... the top one is by far the most pleasing and easy to use... the big screws are perfect for little and large hands and come on and off so nicely... the one below is a real nuisance, the wing nuts are so fiddly! I have, however, filled it up already! After letting the lawn go wild for a bit (!) some lovely wild flowers have spung up - herb robert, pink sorrel, fox-and-cubs, and solomon's seal. The bottom press is a microwave one... it's quick (Bubbles is struggling to wait for the daisy's she picked to be pressed... ), but I think the flowers lose a little of their vibrant colour when microwave pressed and yet... it's quick! For instant results it's great!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Lovely flowers :)
LX