Thursday, June 18, 2009

Solitude & Change


It's where I'm at... don't know if it's by choice or not... it's just where I'm at! Like the flower above... it didn't choose to bloom alone, it's just the way it was meant to be... and it's not totally alone, there are other buds blooming elsewhere and others ready to bloom near it at some point, but for the moment it must be where it's meant to be, and do what it's meant to do.

It's not a bad place to be, I'm sure some time alone... *can* bring benefits... a time of reflection, without distractions... not too much rushing hither and thither... a time to be still... something that doesn't come naturally (particularly for my mind... it's always on the go rushing this way and that, gathering speed till it's almost out of control... then it has to be reigned in...). I guess it's just part of moving... away from the familiar, into the unfamiliar... from the known, to the unknown... from the comfortableness of friends made and relationships, to the discomfort of finding and making new friends...

I feel a bit like I am on a train in a tunnel at the moment... there's not much to see around me and it doesn't appear that I'm getting anywhere... but it's not like no lights are on in the carriage where all would be dark around, outside AND inside, pretty grim; The lights *are* on, so when I look out the window I see my own reflection staring back... and I shy away from it, I don't like it! Self does need to be dealt with, in the Light of Christ... I have to keep going forward (there must be "light at the end of the tunnel").

"Change is looking at life from a new angle..." someone said in the Ikea magazine I looked over... yes, for me to change I need to keep looking at life from God's angle... it's very different to my own take on things. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6). There are many possible changes I'm contemplating at the moment... they're bewildering, scary, far from my hopes, dreams, imaginings, and even from the way the Lord has led me previously... in all my "trying to do the right thing", I need to acknowledge Him first and let Him lead and guide...

"Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

"Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strenthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!" (Psalm 27:14)

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27)

COME, REST, LEARN, WAIT, PEACE...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Write me and tell me about yourself it seems so familiar the place that you are in sounds like I am from that same place. That is if you want a friend. lonniejenifer@verizon.net