Monday, June 1, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday 1st June 2009...

Outside my window... fading light, flying insects, spiders, snails...

I am thinking... why do we want/expect our kids to grow up so quickly, so young, and be independent from such an early age? What do they gain from that? Or is it the adults that gain from it? Just something I have been pondering...

I am Remembering... the beautiful damsel flies we saw the other day...

I am thankful for... I found a list the other day, when I was having a clear-up... my 'tick list' of desires for our new house... it was wonderful to scan down it and see how wonderfully the Lord has provided - every one of the desires!

From the learning rooms... We are getting on well in AO. A couple of 'days off' this week... we did a little extra last week to compensate for a couple of full days of Home Ed activities. Still enjoying the structure... think I may tweak things a little as we go on though, for example, only reading one chapter of 'Our Island Story' a week means that we have forgotton much of it come the next week... there are some things that really need a bit more continuity... it's all a work in progress, but much enjoying the bit of structure that it affords.

From the kitchen... well, I will be consulting my master list as we go along... haven't got round to planning much, the hot weather is slowing up my brain! Still providing the main meal at lunchtime, which is going well... keeps us going for the day, and frees up the afternoon.

I am wearing... guess! Yup... trusty denim skirt, t-shirt, bare feet...

I am creating... the beginnings of a baby blanket with some lovely merino wool... my first attempt at properly following a crochet pattern!... and the odd bit of tatting, a little dabble at some spinning... and I'm just dying to get into creating a crazy quilt cushion with some lovely silk off-cuts mum and dad got for me... but since I haven't actually started that, I probably can't really put it here... but maybe it will remind me to get started on it!

I am going... to wilt if the hot weather continues much longer! It's lovely... I'm just not really a 'hot' person... I prefer the sun with a lovely cool breeze... but, don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining... I just get very sluggish in the heat...

I am reading... Joel...

I am hoping... it cools a bit in the evenings so we can sleep better...

I am hearing... ticking clock, hum of computer, music next door, freezer defrosting...

Around the house... can't keep up with it! Everywhere I look, new piles of toys keep appearing... I'm sure I put them away, but somehow they re-appear! I still have some sifting and sorting and re-arranging to do... it's just finding the time... I lie in bed in the morning planning it all, but before I know it I'm lying in bed in the evening wondering where the day went to and realising nothing of the afore-mentioned got done!

One of my favorite things... the smell of evening air in the garden... fresh, earthy, natural...

A few plans for the rest of the week... Home Ed trip on Tuesday to learn about the canals near Birmingham; car MOT on Wednesday (please Lord, may it not need much work...); Speech Therapist to visit Spike on Thursday and local elections polling day; quiet day Friday?; History club Saturday; rest Sunday!

A Scripture...
"Emmanuel... God with us" (Matthew 1:23)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

(look, no clouds!)

Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: