Monday, June 15, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday 15th June 2009...

Outside my window... Sunshine, cloud, splatter of rain... strange day! Tomato plants trying to grow, new roses, bushes starting to bloom, green...

I am thinking... I'm sure I should be doing something else!...

I am Remembering... the Sparrow I saw on the bird feeder last week, he was glorious, very well groomed... it's the first I've seen here... I LOVE the Sparrows, such humble birds... they remind me of God's Faithfulness to us...

I am thankful for... eyes to see... ears to hear...

From the learning rooms... I'm condensing AO Year 1 down even further! Doing more Literature readings each week, and we'll be finished in about another 2 or 3 weeks... I think we're needing to 'break' for a bit now... we've been going forever this school year... I think because we got stuck into the serious stuff at the beginning of the Scottish school year last year (August) and we're carrying on till the end of the English school year (mid July... later than in Scotland). We need to do some unit studies I think, some general project work and refresh our brains that way...

From the kitchen... The usual routine now... Today, Baked Potatoes and salad; Tuesday some kind of Chicken dish (unless I forget to get the chicken out of the freezer - likely - in which case it will be chicken later in the week!) and veg; Wednesday, cauliflower cheese, beans and broccoli; Thursday, some kind of Mince dish and veg; Friday, Roast and trimmings; Saturday, sausages and mash; Sunday, Egg and chips.

I am wearing... for some reason, I got up today and put on my trousers and check shirt... I don't know why! I wish I'd worn my skirt!

I am creating... Baby blanket... gotta try and get a move on with that!

I am going... to finally make a time this week (today?) to get us to look at some of the many trees in the local park... there are SO many different trees there, it's wonderful... I think I'm pretty much ok with the Broad-leaf trees, but the ones with Needles are a bit of a struggle for me...

I am reading... Hebrews; and "Parenting is your highest calling and 8 other myths that trap us in worry and guilt"... recommended by a friend...

I am hoping... I remember to do the things I need to this week... I'm feeling a bit scatty at the moment (or is it most of the time?!)...

I am hearing... pleasant playing... tick of clock... muffled sound of cars passing...

Around the house... I'd like to re-organise some things, there's still room for improvement! I just can't seem to find the time... maybe when we have a little less structured school time...

One of my favorite things... wool!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Not too much I don't think... Tree study in the park; Spike to the Paediatrican; gentle time together... we're a little frayed around the edges at the moment...

A Scripture...
"Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Psalm 27:14

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

(lovely wool stash... thanks Lynn!)

Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: