Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weekly round-up (part 2)

Spike making Potato Floddies for our lunch... we learnt how to make these at our History Club last week... they were eaten in World War II... grated potato in a flour and water batter... Spike ate his with chocolate sauce on them! I had mine with salt and pepper.



Some pages from my visual journal... it's all put together now and I'm enjoying jotting down my daily thoughts in it, praise points, prayer points, Scripture, funny things the kids have said and so on... I had *such* fun making the journal!

Science experiment... to see how xyloem and phloem work... the red food colouring *should* be seen to travel up the veins of the leaves...

Ok, not the most wonderful view in the world... but I'm really beginning to bond with my kitchen view.


Rainy day in... some silliness and computer work...

Uh o... something precious was still in trouser pocket and made it's way to the washing machine (I always forget to check pockets...)... Bubbles waits anxiously for the washing machine to finish it's cycle so she can retrieve said item... thankfully all was well!

Top up of Hama Bead supplies... and new 'Inspiration' books = happy and occupied kids!


Top up of craft supplies = fun, fun, fun for a Friday morning!

Finally got round to being organised enough to have an 'Artist and Composer Tea'... (idea gleaned from Lynn ages ago, but only just coming to fruition)... best china, teapot from a wonderful friend, and fresh home-made cake... topped off with wonderful music (Liszt) and lovely art (Friedrich)

A trip to Hartlebury Common... what a difference since our last visit a number of months ago... almost unrecognisable now that the leaves are on trees and the vegetation green... last time it looked so barren, this time very lush and the smell lovely... most of all from the many, many honeysuckle bushes all over the place (*why* I didn't take a picture of any, I shall never know! I guess I was just enjoying the walk for a change and not stopping every few steps to take a picture!!)...

3 comments:

Lynn said...

oh, Esther! I do wish we were neighbours! We seem to have so much in common (besides the fibre love! LOL!)
I have been thinking about visual journaling for a while.
Have you seen the ongoing journaling series at a
www.aholyexperince.com ?

Esther said...

Yes, that website was my inspiration... I happened upon it by chance and I'm so glad! The journaling is really good fun! Ex

limpingalong said...

I think you made what we call Potato Pancakes. Never heard of putting chocolate on them but, if you like it, why not?