Monday, March 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday 23rd March 2009...

Outside my window... darkness, wind, rain

I am thinking... that I should be in bed by now!

I am Remembering... the pleasant afternoon the kids and I had... Pizza Hut for lunch, Morrisons shopping, and fun playing with my early birthday present - a Wii Fit board.

I am thankful for... the rain! Ok, I didn't enjoy it very much, but it saved me from having to water the plants myself!

From the learning rooms... not much in the form of structured study this week; today was letter writing morning and errands afternoon; Tuesday will be full of 'odds and ends' no doubt; Wednesday and Friday we have Home Ed groups; and Thursday the day is spoilt by me having to go for my bi-annual interview at the job centre... just one of those weeks where 'life' seems to take over!... but learning continues all the same!

From the kitchen... Today we indulged in a meal out at Pizza Hut; Tuesday baked potatoes and salad; Wednesday shepherds pie and veg; Thursday rice, beans and veg; Friday pasta and tomato sauce; Saturday something simple; Sunday roast and trimmings.

I am wearing... trusty old long denim skirt, t-shirt, and cardy as needed, bare feet

I am creating... no time! no time! I'm driven up the wall in despair over this at the moment! I NEED to be 'creating'!

I am going... to bed in 5 minutes!

I am reading... some sample Educational Philosophies, so that I can work out what to say in mine once we have to be accountable to the Local education Authority in the near future.

I am hoping... that the above doesn't tax my brain too much!

I am hearing... tapping of computer keys, the occasional car, clock ticking

Around the house... it's Monday, so all is pretty much in order!

One of my favorite things... buds on trees in Spring

A few plans for the rest of the week... Home Ed groups, a Christian Institute meeting, Work Focused Interview at the job centre, all-day ladies meeting on Saturday, friends coming round to pray; better use of my time, healthier eating

A Scripture...
"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10


Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

esther, do not be too concerned! I hear that nowadays 30 is the new 20!!!

Love Ingrid