Sunday, May 31, 2009

Journaling

Having read this Blog post, I thought I would take up the challenge. I have only sporadically managed to keep a journal over time in my daily devotionals... I am at the point where I really need to keep myself accountable to spending daily time with the Lord, and this is a great way to steer me toward that... when life gets hectic, I hope this will be a discipline I can keep up... and it will be wonderful to have a record of how the Lord is leading me each day... it's good to be Spiritually disciplined.

So, three things:

1. 2 sentences a day:

Father God, I hear you saying..
.
Father God, hear me saying...

2. a bit about where I have glimpsed God in the hum-drum of daily life

3. each night, to list 5 blessings from His Hand


I wouldn't normally use a 'proper' journal... but having been gifted a couple of them over the past year, I think I'll start with them!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Hello Esther. Lovely journals!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I have been working a few more hours, which has been too much for me, but it is what i have had to do. However, this week I am able to give it up & get back to normal!
I am so grateful to the Lord.
LX

Unknown said...

Nice to see some new varieties of wildflower! Like a different country down there... what with your "Fox and Cubs" and whatnot!
Roo is getting to look like his uncle Paul!!!
Love Ingrid

Lynn said...

I have a brain like a sieve! I got the link from you!!!!
LX