Saturday, October 17, 2009

Simple Saturday

We had a great morning with the History Club... in their role as 'Young Consultants' to museums, we were shipped off, by coach, to Avoncroft Museum. There we were instructed to go around the site and compile a list of things we (that's the kids really, not the adults!) thought could be done better. Wow, what fun... a new place we've not visited yet, and all for free! All the buildings have been recovered from around the UK and re-sited here.



I loved this old Mission hall... I wish I'd taken a photo of the outside... it had a really Amish feel to it.

Windmill

This Merchant's House Bubbles declared she would like to live in! Funny how houses seem really HUGE when there is nothing in there... I've obviously just discovered the key to realising you actually do have a decent-size house -----> get rid of all material possessions!

Toll House

Pre-Fab... wow, the kids were really taken with this house! They thought is was great!

Travelling houses.

In the Cells!


The Telephone Exchange had to be the best part for the kids! They could telephone the 'Tardis' aka the Police box and the other phones... funny how fascinating they find the 'old' phone boxes and phones... they were not at all interested in the modern-day ones on display!

No comments: