Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekly round-up


A bit of Math, a la Spike... involving refrigerator cake, chocolate and a ton of chocolate sprinkles... o, and some builder toys to help!

Precision engineering, a la Bubbles! (aka fudge making!)

We were fascinated to see this huge skip collected by it's lorry... we were so busy watching, I forgot to get a photo until it was loaded and ready to go... I've always wondered how they get those big skips on to the lorry, and now I know! That building behind the lorry is just across the road from us... someone is preparing to move in and they've been gutting the place... and now it is no longer white, but a very bright orange!

Our Geography this week... we are looking at Europe... and sculpted our own castles... the book said to draw one, but I think MAKING is more fun!



A lovely walk in our local forest... we had cabin fever this week, and just NEEDED to get out somewhere!

Jonah and the 'whale' (a sock puppet!)... from our devotions for the week - on the importance of saying Sorry.

After making Jonah, Bubbles got carried away and created a lovely pipe-cleaner lady, complete with long hair and changeable shoes (other pair not shown here), and a bag to carry her spare shoes in!

Ahhhh... this tree just gets better and better! What a lovely sight each day... I shall be sad when the leaves have all dropped.

A lot of this this week, meant the need to wrap up like this...

I do like the fresh Autumn days... we have been so blessed with wonderful weather here lately.

A friendly Robin... come to look and see what's going on...

... Dad trimming his hedges...


The kids did a great job of helping to clean up... me? O, I just took photos!... (tee hee!)


Science this week... about the structure of flowers... I tried to make a Fimo model, complete with sepals, petals, stamens and pistille for the kids to copy... but it didn't work out so good! So, we ended up just making any flower we wanted! Bubble's wanted to make a bud, and Spike's looks a bit like a water lily, and I made a sunflower. Bubble's also made the Magnetix flower.

Determined to go sit outside for some fresh air, despite the appearance of some rain... doesn't that 'Mum look so jolly? It really needs some friends though... maybe next time we are at the Farm Shop...

No comments: