Weekly round-up
Decopatch... Bubbles did the photo frame first, then moving on to the box - I did the lid, and she is going to do the base.

This, believe it or not (the photo just does not do it justice!) is a field FULL of buttercups... it was just glorious.
H.E group at the Severn Valley Country Park... it was a River Study this week, and we started at Ethelfleda's Well and were to follow the stream down to it's joining to the River Severn (which, for information sake, is the longest river in the UK apparantly; some 220 miles long, orginating in the Welsh mountains somewhere and entering the sea at Bristol).
There is an ancient tradition of tying bits of rag onto a hawthorn tree around a well, making a wish and then when the rag drops to the ground your wish will come true! Can't you just tell, from her expression, that Bubbles is not taking that one on board!!!
Spike was not interested in all that talk at all... he and some other boys decided to help the river flow a little better by removing the rocks that were in the way!
That's the source of the water there, coming up from an underground spring... very fresh, clean and pure... apparantly some people come with big buckets and take the water home with them! Bubbles had some and said it was deliciously cold and fresh. Must bring a water bottle next time...
Searching for these... tufa stones... they are actually leaves and twigs and anything else lying in the river, with a deposit of limestone on top of them... when you break them open you can see what is inside... the Park Ranger said he had found a mouse skull inside one of the tufa deposits once. There are lots of these in this river, and apparantly it is of great interest to geologists.

Finishing our Globes... ok, we didn't do the continents quite as they are in real life... but we had fun! Spike always does his things a break-neck speed so he's usually away and gone by the time I get the camera out!
Our first visit to our local soft-play since moving here...
The first pickings from the garden... fresh salad leaves... I didn't think they were going to come to anything, but they have... not sure how much I'll get from them though... but this was delicious!
New outside plant storage area! I was getting a little tired of seedlings everywhere... there is MUCH clutter all over the place, which I seem to cope with... but too many plants around the house and I feel things are out of hand! They will have to survive outside now!
A new club we've found - a history club, at Hartlebury Castle. I hope it will help history to come alive for us all (I get to stay - yay!). I had to force Bubbles to stay... only joking! She voluntarily put herself in the stocks... for some reason, Spike didn't want to... ! We learnt about food in Victorian times... we were interested to find that Sainsburys came into being in this era!
My first ball of yarn - spun as singles on the wheel, then plied together... it looks good all rolled up! Unfortunately... it is WAY too twisted and anything I crochet with it will be most mis-shapen! However, it's my 'learner's ball' and I hope to improve with time! Learning is fun... I just wish there was more time in the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment