Friday, May 22, 2009

Weekly round-up (part 2)


Something new... A new pet... the kids haven't had any pets since we put the house on the market preparing to sell last year... this time we have opted for a house pet, and one quite small! This one is smaller than I'd anticipated, but what the kids wanted... how easy it will be to pet, we will find out in due course! A Roborovski dwarf hamster. You can't see it well from the picture... it was running around like mad and would not stop still to have it's photo taken! The kids sat and watched it for ages after we got it.

Progress... on to book 2 in the college course... 2 assignments down, another 4 to go I think.

An experiment... thought I'd try out the Ecoballs... not sure I really believe they can actually clean the dirty clothes, so we'll see! I have tried them briefly before, but stopped because the washing machine smelled horrid! I have discoverd that I need to rinse it out first with 2 cups of white vinegar on a high temperature wash. That really made a difference. So, we'll see how it goes... I miss the smell of the powder/fabric softener - sad that! I'm sure these Ecoballs are much better for us.

Growing... the amount of snails we seem to be housing! Not sure what the fascination is! Here they are getting some exercise, in a 'safe' environment, guarded by the kids!


Lovely... some new herbs... hope they grow well! Basil, Oregano, Coriander, Thyme, Chives, Parsley, Mint, Borage... hmmm, I love the smell of herbs...

No comments: