The Outdoor Hour - Challenge #12
This challenge is all about garden flowers.
I'm a bit late posting this! Time passes so quickly. When we were last at the garden centre, I asked the kids if they'd like a plant each to look after in the garden... "er... nope!" was the answer! They decided to pick... erm... this....
Not exactly "outdoor"! Actually... they are quite pleasing cacti! I'm pleased they chose ones that weren't the 'norm'! The reason they chose the ones they did?... because they didn't want prickly ones! So, here's hoping they will have a happy life on the window ledge!
This was how our well our Butter Bean was doing, a couple of weeks ago (started as part of a science experiment)... it was doing so well, I had to pluck out the top shoot to stop it going on up!
It has really bushed out now, and looks like it is going to flower... I have NO idea whether to expect beans off it or not! I don't think so, but... we've never grown one before... and it was only an experiment...
Pumpkin seedlings... we've never managed to produce any before! I don't know why, but they haven't liked us! Here's hoping these go all the way. Above was them a week ago...
Look at them now! Still inside though... will have to harden them off soon...
Above is how our sunflowers got on in the house... they were doing really well... they have slowed up a bit since potting them out, and one of them 'broke' in some wind the other day. Will see how they come on... have planted them all in the same pot, so not giving them much chance really! So, we will see how they do... we have a little competition going on - between us, my brother, and mum and dad - to see who can grow the largest sunflower! The kids and I actually found a load more sunflower seeds in the house and have planted them out in a little plot in the garden that Stephen just dug over for us... any little extra effort to try and win!!
I love seeds and plants! I don't think the kids share the same enthusiasm... at the moment! I'm not green-fingered though! More a kind of plant it up and hope it looks after itself, kind of thing! And a "tub" or "pot" gardening person.. that's me! I love plants though! The rest of the challenges up to number 20 (not including), we are just about to cover them in our science - God's Design for Life: The World of Plants... so it's great that it's all co-inciding. Whether I'll post on these challenges or not, I don't know yet!
1 comment:
I got your link entered on Mr. Linky....he has been having lots of trouble and I had to maneuver my way to get it to show up on this challenge but I did it. :)
You are doing great with your veggies and sunflowers. Gardening and plants take lots of patience and most kids find it hard to wait for the results...give it time.
You are doing a great job and thanks for sharing your entry.
(Glad to see you around the challenges again.)
Barb-Harmony Art Mom
Post a Comment