Remembering Pentecost on Sunday... we made some origami doves - enough for the 9 Fruits of the Spirit... we should really have looked at the Gifts of the Spirit, but I didn't feel able to explain them all, so opted for the Fruits... which we need to see more of in our lives!
The experiment - the experiment with the Ecoballs is going really well. I was skeptical that the stains on the kids clothes would come out, but I used the stain remover that came with the Ecoballs and it worked a treat! I was well impressed... I never usually manage to get stains out... but then I usually just bung everything in the wash without checking for stains first!... I'm probably being more diligent at the moment as I don't believe the balls themselves will get the stains away. I'm missing the 'smell' of wash powder though! O, and I did cheat on a couple of washes this week... I had lots to put in and with the Ecoballs you need to make sure there's room for them to move around, so not over-filling the washing machine... but I really needed to get the washes done, so stuffed the machine and used powder.
It's lovely to see everything growing... hopefully it will last! Had a bit of a re-arrangement of the tubs... put all the fruits together down the side of the shed, and moved the bench to the patio. Got the tomatoes planted up too... hope they do ok!



Walk in the Clent Hills

I have spent the week learning "tatting"... armed with the book in the picture (which I didn't understand! I'm a visual kind of person!), the tatting shuttles and cotton (all a legacy of my Granny)... and a couple of YouTube videos - this one, and this one... the result doesn't seem to photograph very well, but it looks very pretty and is very therapeutic, but definitely more fiddly than crochet!... don't know if I could teach anyone else how to do it - that's the problem with being a 'jack of all trades and master of none'... there's just SO many lovely skills to learn though!Trip to a near-by Falconry:
Clever Girl... she was very excited to do this! Below are various other birds of prey... I cannot remember what they all are... the handler told us lots of interesting information...

(Funny - looks like Bubbles & Spike are being photographed and not the bird!!)





"Bruno" the little owl and Bubbles
A treat... I thought it was a crochet magazine series, but it turns out to be only one in a series of different crafts... still, a nice magazine to be treated to...
Ham having a roll around the carpet in his ball... he seems to like it... has escaped once, but thank the Lord I was able to catch him!
Tried my hand at making a crochet birthday card... turned out quite nicely I thought...
We also found our 'local' Ikea this week... see Wordless Wednesday... shouldn't have tried to go in the school hols, but hey! It was VERY busy! We enjoyed the meatballs though! I doubt we'll go much... it was about a 45 minute drive... so we'd need to have a 'reason' for going I guess.
1 comment:
very pretty!
very creative!
LX
Post a Comment