Friday, May 22, 2009

Weekly round-up (part 1)

So many pictures this week... thought I'd put them in 2 entries instead of one!

The first l
ot of photos are for the Pond Dipping we did with the Ranger at the Severn Valley Country Park this week. It was fun! Spike didn't really want to do much fishing with the net, so I ended up doing most of it for him! I 'caught' a blood worm and 2 water boatmen... Bubbles caught a couple of tadpoles, and generally had a good time fishing around... we saw all kinds of water creatures - sticklebacks, dragonfly larvae, ramshorn snail, pond snail, pond shrimp, leech... to name but a few! The highlight was probably the newt. The Ranger is great with the kids and we all learn so much on these days, I'm delighted to have been able to be involved in this group.











































The second lot of photos are from our outing on Tuesday to Bletchley Park to meet up
with some friends we've not seen in a very long time. It was a lovely day. I confess that I would NOT have enjoyed the drive, or been brave enough to face the journey alone, except for the help of Jane... mum and dad's SatNav! But, with her help, the drive was good... and it's always great to catch up with friends! The kids had a lovely time and are still talking about it... the place was very fascinating and we learnt a lot too...


Why the urge to sit at the old school desks and pretend to do school? We're supposed to be having a 'day off'! Just goes to show... Education is learning all the time.





Quite challenged by the amount of food allowed per person per week under rations in 1943...














































The first PC - boy am I glad they are not this size anymore!

No comments: