Monday, May 4, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday 4th May 2009...

Outside my window... darkness... it is staying light a lot longer now in the evenings, but not quite this late!

I am thinking... I really should get going to bed!

I am Remembering... what a lovely day it has been... togetherness...

I am thankful for... ALL I have... big and small...

From the learning rooms... We are on our 4th week of Ambleside Online (which is really weeks 7 and 8 combined!). I'm really enjoying the literature and sitting together on the sofa to read through books, and it's really giving a good structure to our morning. Table time (Math & English) is still a bit of a struggle for the kids, but we are persevering.

From the kitchen... well, no set menu this week... I have made up a 'master menu' that has various 'options' for each day of the week and I just have to pick something from that according to time and ingredients to hand! It is something along the lines of potato meal on a Monday, chicken meal on a Tuesday, pasta or rice meal on a Wednesday, mince meal on a Thursday, roast on a Friday (if I remember to get it out of the freezer!), sausage meal on a Saturday and egg meal on a Sunday. We're also experimenting with having our main meal at lunch time, and I'm finding it really good - it gives more time in the afternoon and is helping to combat the mid-afternoon slump I've been struggling with!

I am wearing... trusty denim skirt, t-shirt, cardy, bare feet

I am creating... yarn! well, I'm giving it a good go, on the spinning wheel! It's fun, but I'm gonna need a *lot* of practice!

I am going... no where in particular! Nice gentle days this week...

I am reading... Psalms & Proverbs... such wisdom...

I am hoping... the plants and vegetables we've started to grow will actually produce a crop! (I don't have very green fingers!)

I am hearing... the ticking of the clock, the 'squeaking' of the freezer, gentle music on the computer...

Around the house... little 'piles', toys, clothes... home!

One of my favorite things... the wild spring flowers.

A few plans for the rest of the week... do a bit more sorting around the house, those little things that I haven't yet got to since the move; put a couple more pictures up; try and relax a bit as we don't have too much on this week; stick to doing college work on my 'assigned' evenings!

A Scripture...
"For My yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:30

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: