Saturday, May 2, 2009

Simple Saturday

Computer time... hasn't been much time in the week to play on it, so Spike made the most of it today!

Bubbles wanted to be more creative, so she painted and tried her hand at crochet and was generally more productive with her time!

Caught Bubbles reading her book! It's great that she's finally starting to want to read... it's not particularly inspiring stories that she's picking... but she's reading!

'O, mummy! Are you trying to iron?' asked Bubbles quite excitedly! 'No, I'm not *trying* to iron, I AM ironing! I DO know how to do it you know!' I replied! Bless her... she's probably only seen me get the iron out to fuse the Hama beads! I don't usually *do* ironing... I do, actually, quite enjoy ironing, but I decided when I got married to only iron the essentials... after all, once you've ironed and folded to put in a drawer all is creased again, and once worn, well who'd know if it had been ironed or not! A good shake and a careful fold is all that is needed really. Unfortunately, the kids have acquired a couple items of clothing that really *do* need ironing each time... and today my skirt happened to be in the right place at the right time, so it got ironed too - for the first time in it's life!

No comments: