Monday, December 1, 2008

Random things!


It's finally Advent, and the kids were pleased to get their advent calendars... we have Lego ones this year.

My hands are terribly dry and cracked again... it's the weather. I am keeping it under control with a mixture of my favourite creams. Trouble is, my hands are in and out of water so much it gets tedious re-applying all the time! Still, needs must. Bubbles usually gets bad eczema on her hands in the winter... they had broken out a bit a wee while ago, but we used the Aloe Propolis and the Hemp regularly and it got better... whether that has helped to keep it at bay for a bit now, I don't know. I'm glad for her though - it's not a nice thing.

I have been making sure we keep up our vitamins at the moment... we still haven't completely shifted the co
ld/coughs that we succumbed to in October. Spike won't take a vitamin freely... I have to crush his and put it in his milkshake in the morning (shhh... don't tell!). If he knew, I doubt he'd want milkshake any more! Bubbles is extremely good at swallowing things and will take her vitamin and medication (for allergic rhinitis) no bother. I've cut down on the amount of pills I've been taking... I quite like lots of supplements... but I'm sure I was beginning to rattle, so have cut down to the following items...


Doesn't Bubbles look very 'odd' with these eyes? Don't know where she found them, possibly at
Dobbies. We found the latest 'entertainment' in Dobbies - these very funny looking polar bears who sing carols and kind of dance too!


We observed Venus and Jupiter the last few days... The picture isn't very good, as my camera wasn't very obliging... however, Venus is the brighter of the 2 planets at the bottom, and Jupiter at the top. Apparantly this is a rare conjunction... so we were very please d to see it, and it was so obvious, that even the kids could observe them without too much direction from me.

No comments: