
FOR TODAY, 22nd December 2008...
Outside my window... Sunshine, gentle breeze, birds on the feeders... peace after the winds of yesterday.
I am thinking... How trusting in a person, rather than in the Lord, is a totally unsatisfactory experience!
- Trust
- Pronunciation:\ˈtrəst\
- Function: noun
- 1 a: assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something b: one in which confidence is placed
I've invested a lot of energy trusting that my Solicitor would actually *do* what he said he'd do these last few weeks, and I've realised once again that there is none worthy of total trust except Jehovah! I know we are all sinners, and we all mess up, but it's pretty sad to think that we cannot expect each other to do what we say.
I am Remembering... How wonderful it was to be a child without any worries!
I am thankful for... The winds dying down... I really don't like the wind at all, don't know why.
From the learning rooms... We are doing quite well at 'spontaneous' learning about abstract things at the moment! As for the formal... well, I think I should allow a week off, don't you?!
From the kitchen... Today, Baked Potaotes; Tuesday, Pasta & Tomato sauce; Shepherds meal - soup & bread on the floor by candle-light; Thursday, a simple Roast Chicken meal; rest of the week - left overs I guess!
I am wearing... Navy long skirt, t-shirt, cream cardigan, flip-flops.
I am creating... Random crochet squares! I have a big cone of yarn to use up, so I'm going to do lots of different squares and put them together in some random way to make a nice throw... life is very random at present, so this fits in just nicely!
I am going... not far this week, hopefully!
I am reading... "The incredible story of Classical Music. A friendly guide for children" by Darren Henley. Just checking it out before I go over it with the kids.
I am hoping... the sale of the house will finally be concluded before Christmas.
I am hearing... Laughter - lovely!
Around the house... much to be done! But, for now, it can wait!
One of my favorite things... worshiping the Lord with song.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Pick Stephen up from the bus in Edinburgh; go swimming with the kids; maybe go to a Christingle service on Christmas Eve; enjoy Christmas together; maybe get out for a couple of nice walks if the weather permits...
A Scripture... "Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and forevermore! From the rising of the sun to its going down the Lord's name is to be praised." Psalm 113:2-3
Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments:
Post a Comment