Monday, December 29, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, 29 December 2008...

Outside my window... Dark... I'm writing this late in the day again. It's been a beautiful clear day though, and getting considerably colder again.

I am thinking... Wow, this is the last Monday in 2008! I just can't think where the year has gone to, it seems to have sped past. Incredible! I wonder what 2009 will hold for us...

I am Remembering... The lovely time we all had at the cinema this afternoon.

I am thankful for... The Lord bringing me graciously and gently through the year.

From the learning rooms... Still having some time off from 'formal' learning; but always looking for learning opportunities.

From the kitchen... Today, Chicken casserole; Tuesday, Mince and tatties; Wednesday - Sunday... haven't really thought about it! Can't get too much food into the house, so need to use food up...

I am wearing... Long denim skirt, t-shirt, new cardigan, leg warmers (!)

I am creating... Still making crochet squares! It's keeping me occupied and is simple enough to pick up when I want. I've decided it's going to be tree/flower themed, so all the squares have some kind of flower or tree name (I've finished some 'willow' ones, and now doing some 'begonia' ones... all in the same colour though). I'm using my most favourite crochet book at the moment - "200 crochet blocks for blankets, throws and afghans" by Jan Eaton.

I am going... To Edinburgh bus station to drop Stephen off at the bus; to visit friends; to the dentist; to a birthday party.

I am reading... The Scriptures... mostly the Psalms.

I am hoping... That some day I won't be quite so tired anymore! I seem to have got into a rut of being tired and struggling to get up in the morning... I'm sure a lot of it is to do with the dark mornings, and also to do with too many late nights.

I am hearing... Laughter as Spike and Stephen try to play Boxing on the Wii!

Around the house... Chaos! I can't wait to have some semblance of normality again!

One of my favorite things... Spending time outside when it's cold, then coming in to a lovely warm house. We're so blessed to have a roof over our heads, warm clothes and heating... what a privilege, thank you Lord.

A few plans for the rest of the week... to stop and relax a bit (is that even possible when contemplating a move?!); to enjoy seeing friends and family; to get a bit more organised with regard to the move.

A Scripture... "Therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you, And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him." Isaiah 30:18 (NASB)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
The Word of God is enough...


Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: