Using this article last year, I based the kids presents around Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh. I really liked the idea, so am continuing it this year.
The 'Gold' present is a joint present, and the most expensive... and has to be asked for and agreed on by both Bubbles & Spike. Last year they had something each, but the two products (Playmobil Airport and Playmobil Airplane) worked together. This year I'm going for just the one gift... but then daddy has generously given them a Wii too, so I don't think they need anything else! The agreed gift this year is a Lego Ferris Wheel. It is motorised and looks quite good.. and builds into something else as well so it can get a lot of use.
The 'Frankincense' gift is something to help the kids in their worship of the Lord. I have chosen a new CD for each of them, from the 'Sing the Word' range. We have been much blessed by these as we have learnt Scripture and let it penetrate into our hearts.
The 'Myrrh' gift is something to 'annoint the body' with. I have chosen a new wash-bag, flannel and toiletry each.
Then there's the Stockings, of course. These usually contain nuts, chocolate coins, small bag of sweets, a CD or DVD (DVD this year - High School Musical 1&2 for Bubbles, and Spongbob for Spike) and an activity book (2 dot-to-dot books for Bubbles, and some maze books for Spike).
Apart from those gifts, the only other gift we have is a family board game. I couldn't think what to get this year... Bubbles & Spike are liking different things! I also wanted to find something good and long-lasting... so catering for the different likes, I've plumped for 2 different games this year, and I think they will be enjoyed by all.
Now, what *I'd* really like for Christmas is a hot water bottle, and the game Boggle...
No comments:
Post a Comment