Monday, December 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, 15th December 2008...

Outside my window... Cloudy, grey sky; green grass; wind caressing the trees (oak and fir directly in my view); birds on the feeder; cars passing on the Peebles road... they are very obvious from the lounge in the winter when there's a lack of bushy foliage, but I didn't realise quite how obvious till now!

I am thinking... I'm not quite sure! My mind is a bit jumbled! Spent the weekend worrying about the house situation; and spent the morning trying to make some progress; so it's probably fair to say that my mind is a bit numb now!

I am thankful for... the Lord sorting out the missing documention situation so simply and easily this morning! and for the wonderfully kind man at the council office who worked hard and quick to find them... now, if I can get them off to the Solicitor tomorrow then maybe all will indeed be sorted by Christmas.

From the learning rooms... Gently learning... workstations; learning the ins and outs of what has to be done to sell and buy a house, and how to calm mummy when she is feeling uptight!; learning about the Midlothian Council offices; swimming this week and hopefully ice skating for Bubbles (her 'prize' for completing her reading tasks).

From the kitchen... Today cereal (we were in late); Tuesday, Baked potatoes, salad; Wednesday, something tasty at Aunt Jills; Thursday, Shepherds pie, veg; Friday, Chicken casserole, veg; Saturday & Sunday, own choice and left-overs.

I am wearing... Trusty old denim skirt, t-shirt, black cardigan and sheepskin boots (given to me... they are a tad small, but apparantly they 'relax' over time, hence me wearing them in the house).

I am creating... come Crochet 'soap bags'... I guess creativity sometimes creeps up in the most unexpected times!

I am going... various appointments and things to do this week, including going to the Council offices in Dalkeith; trampolining for Bubbles; swimming in Loanhead (as long as the kids are feeling ok); bus journey to town, and skating for Bubbles; Paediatric appointment for Spike; and probably a number of other little things to do!

I am reading... my Bible... it's still all I've got time for, and it's still all I need!

I am hoping... things work out and the missives for the house get signed this week, so I can relax and enjoy the season.

I am hearing... the kids playing... it's noisy, but amicable!

Around the house... things have erupted again! I keep *trying* to put things away, but they keep re-appearing again! Perhaps I will relax for a couple of weeks, and then attack it thoroughly after Christmas!

One of my favorite things... having time to sit and read a good book.

A few plans for the rest of the week... hopefully whatever it takes to get the house sale completed; and to get to bed early each night so I am more rested.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


(mine, all *mine* - no one else in the house likes them!)

Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.

No comments: