

FOR TODAY, 1st December 2008...
Outside my window... Snow! Ok, not heaps of it, just a smattering... but SNOW! What a nice way to start December!
I am thinking... "You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You" Isaiah 26:3. I woke with this verse on my mind this morning... it has been very relevant today - I've had to keep reminding myself to keep my mind on Him because He IS totally trustworthy.
I am thankful for... my children. They may not obey all the time; they mess up quite a lot of the time; they can be noisy when I want to be quiet... but I love them to bits and they are such a wonderful gift from the Lord.
From the learning rooms... our Advent theme - Jesse Tree devotional called "The Glorious Coming" by Ann Voskamp; and our Christmas theme - "Countdown to Christmas" by Amy Puetz. And the usual 'workstations' and every-day learning.
From the kitchen... Baked potatoes & salad, Monday; Soup & bread, Tuesday; Chicken curry, rice & veg, Wednesday; Fish fingers, mash & veg, Thursday; Pasta & Tomato sauce, peas, Friday; left overs and own choice Saturday & Sunday.
I am wearing... trusty old denim long skirt, long-sleeved t-shirt, body warmer, trusty-but-very-old-and-discoloured cardy and socks again... I'm cold today! Must be getting soft!
I am creating... still working on the purses! Hope to start crocheting some simple Christmas gifts soon... not enough hours in the day for doing all I want to at the moment!
I am going... to town to see my Mortgage Broker; to Dobbies; and hopefully out for some lovely walks if the weather stays nice.
I am reading... not very much at the moment! It gets a little dis-satisfying to just read for 5 mins here and there... but I'm doing a little 'speed reading' project - I'll report on it if it works!
I am hoping... that I might actually get some early nights this week! I'm feeling really washed out, so I need to start taking better care of myself.
I am hearing... the clock ticking... something nice and reassuring about the steady tick of a clock.
Around the house... is a little more organised! I started to get on top of things again this morning, and have even organised all the 'house moving stuff' into various individual folders for my sanity!
One of my favorite things... seeing the snow on the hills...
A few plans for the rest of the week: I'd like to get a little rest, enjoy the kids, get out in the fresh air a bit... but mostly, just to take one day at a time.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment