
FOR TODAY, 8th December 2008...
Outside my window... Blackness... no stars tonight, it's cloudy...I'm writing this rather late in the day!
I am thinking... that I should be going to bed!
I am thankful for... the Lord's continued blessings day by day. He really is so good! And there are blessings to be found wherever I look... sometimes it just takes a bit of looking (my eyesight is poor)!
From the learning rooms... Continuing with our Jesse Tree book and our Christmas story/activity book; also our workstations... all quite low-key at the moment as I keep interrupting the flow of things with the need to make or receive phonecalls!
From the kitchen... Today Baked Potatoes, tuna and salad; Tuesday, something tasty at Aunt Jills; Wednesday soup and bread; Thursday spaghetti bolognese and veg; Friday pasta and tomato sauce, peas; Saturday & Sunday left overs, own choice.
I am wearing... Trusty old denim skirt, t-shirt, purple hooded cardigan and slippers.
I am creating... a mess! Nothing seems to get put away properly these days... I keep starting things, and not getting round to finishing
I am going... this week is going to be exciting, because we are going to go to Aunt Jills one day and then all go into Edinburgh to see the lights. It should be fun, and all the more so as I get to share it with another adult! Bubbles and I are going to brave the rather large Ferris Wheel
I am reading... my Bible... it's all I've got time for, and it's all I need!
I am hoping... the kids sleep better tonight and I get an unbroken nights sleep. They just haven't been sleeping well at all at the moment.
I am hearing... the sound of silence, except for the rat-tat-tat of my fingers on the keyboard. Evenings can be quite peaceful on one's own.
Around the house... well, I think I'm actually on top of the housework... but I find I'm getting a little annoied with finding little 'creations' belonging to the kids at various places around the house... it's not that I begrudge them 'creating', far from it! But I'd rather they contained the 'created' to the the place it was created, rather than letting it wander uncontrolled around the house!
One of my favorite things... scampi and chips!
A few plans for the rest of the week: school; Edinburgh to see the lights; take a friend to Peebles; spend time with Aunt Jill; possibly go to the cinema.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
(just *thinking* about packing, not actually doing anything!)
Click here to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment