Friday, November 7, 2008

Everyday Life

I finally got round to mending some of Spike's trousers... I know I should have done it before, and it's not that I don't like mending... but I'm reluctant to do it as he is forever tripping over and ripping the knee out of his trousers! So, I've mended some, and we'll see how long they last! Aunt Jill has found me some iron-on patches, which I think will work better and I'll try them next time... o yes, there *will* be a next time!

The laundry isn't *full* of snot-rags any more! Hurrah! Anyone looking at our washing line would have thought a baby still resided in the house - all the muslins strung up! At least it must be more eco
-friendly than bins full of tissues.

Bubbles was sick in the toilet - not a note-worthy experience for some, but she was
so proud of herself! It was while she was trying to deal with some phlem that the event happened and she declared "That's the first time I've been sick in the toilet, and I didn't cry - I'm a big girl now!" Ok, so it did mostly get where planned, but also hit my cleaning gloves, which wasn't hugely helpful, but there we go! C'est la vie!

It's funny how when we're small, little disappointments seem so huge - like the incident today where Spike played with one of Bubbles' magazines and the cover came off. Bubbles was inconsolable for ages... I wish "problems" stayed that simple!

It's
not Thanksgiving yet, but I found these jolly 'Pilgrims' for us to make - and we write something we're thankful for on each of the ears of corn. Nice idea. Bubbles likes doing craft things like this (hers is the slightly more brightly coloured one)... I couldn't get Spike to do one though. It's good to remember to be thankful - now why do I find it all too easy to forget to do that?

No comments: