Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Day



It's been a lovely day - weather-wise and in general!

Before church we went to a place called Scottish Fibres (which I stumbled across when doing a Google search for spinning-wheel repairers in Edinburgh... can't believe I have driven past them umpteen times and never known about them!) to see if they could help sort out my spinning wheel which my Granny gave me. They had it fixed in half an hour and ready for use... simple, it seems, if you have some leather, string and oil... and the know-how to use them! So, it's a well-loved and weary spinning-wheel they tell me, but it still has some life in it... hopefully enough for me to try and get to grips with it. I could get it over-hauled at a later date, but that would cost a lot, and it's perfectly workable as is. Now I need to try and find some time to learn to use it...

At church today, both Bubbles & Spike received Bibles... Spike a NLT New Testament, and Bubbles a full NKJV Bible. They were absolutely delighted... a very special gift.

Tonight I have finally got round to organising some 'work-stations' for our school, to try and add a bit of variety for the kids. Basically, I'll put a different 'activity' (mostly maths manipulatives, but also some reading and some life-skills) in 6 different pla
ces in the house, and send the kids off to do each task. It's fun to pick up new ideas and try them... I feel super-organised... though I was organised before... in fact *so* organised that I couldn't find the tin of pencils from when I re-organised the school bookshelf last week... and wasted far too much time looking for them (they were in some totally logical place, which I found later when I wasn't looking for them... just not when I needed them!) Maybe too much organisation isn't actually a good thing!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hello Esther!
I love your organisation! very inspiring. I hope you will do a post about your Jesse Tree ornamnets, too. Have left a link for you regarding artist tea's with your comment, on my blog.
Lynx

Esther said...

Thank you! Have got side-tracked with some crocheting at the moment, but hope to make progress with the Jesse Tree stuff before it's too late! Love the artist tea idea, thanks for that. Esther