Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Home Ed group



Today we had our Home Ed group monthly meet. We went to the Edinburgh City Arts Centre which I never knew existed! We traveled into town by bus, which was a treat as we've not done that for a while. It was good to catch up with a few folk and meet with Aunt Jill. The older kids had a fascinating tour of the skies by some planetarium people, inside a bit black dome tent... Bubbles and Aunt Jill went to this and Bubbles excitedly told me all about it afterward - she was quite elated!... and Spike should have gone too, but he took a dislike to the look of the tent, so we ended up roaming the exhibitions instead! He particularly like the Space Age exhibition and the Star Wars figures and Mars Mission lego sets on display. He tried on a few dressing-up clothes too... the most appropriate being the astronaut helmet. We all took another look around the exhibitions after lunch, before heading on the bus to Aunt Jills for the afternoon and tea. We saw a bagpiper piping next to the Scott Monument when heading for the bus, and Aunt Jill showed us the lovely Christmas decorations outside the George Hotel (it was like a fairy-tale setting *inside* the hotel... but I didn't dare take a photo inside - I'm not a tourist afterall!)


As we were sitting on the bus on Princes Street... I was surprised to find myself looking out at a guy in a tree! He wasn't there for fun, though! Looked like he was rigging up the Christmas lights... I suppose someone has to do it!

No comments: